Review | Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water Sunscreen


Moderately priced water-based sunscreen. 
Board spectrum.
Non-greasy, non-sticky and leaves no white cast. 
Read more after the jump! :)

As I get older, I become more and more concern about my anti-ageing skin care routine. I don't want my face to get prominent wrinkles and saggy when I turn 30. No, not yet! I also don't want to further increase the amount of sunspots and pigmentations which unfortunately, I already have on my face - blame my entire teenage years for being under the sun without any protection. Nowadays, I'm making double extra sure to use sunblock or sunscreen (yes, they are different) everyday even the sun exposure is minimal. 

Ok now, I can go on and on talking about this topic like I even learnt about it in my previous pharmaco classes. Just that, dulu takde kesedaran langsung, setahun dua ni baru ada, so... nanti aku membebel kat another post eh about how essential sun protection is. Without further ado, let's talk about this sunscreen that I bought from Watsons. It's the Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water Cooling Sunscreen SPF50+ (RM41.90). 

meow

-Hydrating and lightweight consistency - 2 things you would want to look for if you have oily skin. 

-2 times Cooling and moisturising? sounds good if you live in a hot, sunny country like Malaysia. The sunscreen even has hyaluronic acid in the ingredient!! it's one of the popular moisturising agents that's nothing new to the beauty world. 

- SPF 50+. According to research, it doesn't differ much the amount of UV protection you'll be getting if you're using sunblock with SPF15, 30, or 50. I believe you really need to understand what does 'Sun Protection Factor' mean... SPF 50 is recommended if you're fair or in other words, gets burn easily. I personally prefer lower SPF value.

- PA++. PA is a Japanese grade system that indicates the level of protection from UVA ray, as SPF is for UVB ray. If you don't know already, UVA causes permanent ageing of the skin, hence wrinkles and pigmentations. So theoretically, the higher the PA level, the better. 


Alright, some ingredients analysis! shall we? At first, I thought of categorising it as a mineral sunscreen because of the Titanium Dioxide pigments wrote as one of the ingredients but then I realised there are some organic/chemical filters such as;
- ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (or often called it as octinoxate)
- butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane (avobenzone)
- benzophenone-3 (oxybenzone)

These 3 have the ability to absorb the UV rays instead of reflecting (like Titanium Dioxide) **update as for 2016, recent research indicates that the working mechanism for TiO2 is also absorbing UV rays at a certain wavelength, not only reflecting them**

So you know, Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water Sunscreen is indeed a combination of 'organic' and 'inorganic' sunscreen. Every ingredient have their pros and cons but oxybenzone is one of those, in particular, causing so many concerns. Not only to human but to the environment as well :/ you can read more about it on this recent published article/journal [here]. Another concern is on Methylisothiazolinone (MI), one of the preservatives used in this sunscreen. While it keeps the lotion from spoiling, it's also one of the popular irritants to the skin. I do have sensitive skin, but thankfully the product doesn't give me any burning sensations or rashes. 

Moving on. As you can see, besides Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane is another main ingredients in the sunscreen. It's actually a silicone. Hence, it gives the silky look to your face when you applied it. I agree! the finishing is clear, but not matte

I also agree with the lightweight claim made by Bio-essence - both Isododecane and Butylene Glycol are viscosity-decreasing agent, they make the sunscreen feels weightless when applied. Tak rasa melekit, but in my opinion, it still does feel like you're putting something onto your skin. 

Now, let's not to forget another important thing that caught my eyes as soon as I went through the ingredients list - Sodium Hyaluronate, or commonly known as Hyaluronic Acid (HA). Like I said earlier, HA gives so much hype to the beauty world since it has the ability to bind and retain water molecules, so it helps your skin feeling moisturised. 


Besides some ingredients concern, I actually have nothing to complain about this sunscreen. The texture is liquidy and it easily blends across the face. It's lightweight, absorbs quickly and feels thin, although it's not the thinnest sunscreen I ever come across. I like the way it dries to the touch and does not leave a greasy feeling to my skin but just in case you're looking for a completely matte sunscreen, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Another thing I like about the sunscreen is how it works well with me. Knowing that sun care products tend to irritate my skin by producing tiny bumps (normally just a day after use), I haven't had any breakouts since using Bio-essence sunscreen. I have even applied it close to my eyes without any problems with stinging. 

So... will I buy it again? I might! but I want to search for an inorganic sunblock that seems to has better ingredients option. Until I find the right one, this would do! Rating; 7/10.

Product Info;

Name : Miracle Bio Water Sunscreen
Brand : Bio-essence
Country of Origin : *I lost the box, hence I forgot. Lol
Content : 40ml
Limited Edition : No 
Price : RM41.90

Availability (Malaysia) : 
- Tesco and Watsons, I don't think I've seen this at Guardian. I could be wrong. 
- Watsons Online [link

Link : Bio-essence Malaysia - [link]

Share This Article:

CONVERSATION

14 Comments :

SuperRach Love said...

Oh this looks good! I love miracle waters :) They're so refreshing for the skin!

__________________________________________________
Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
Let me know if you do and want me to follow back!
Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

Qasim said...

Asalam-o-Alykum, My name is Qasim, from last 26+ years Allah and Muhammad s.a.w keep coming into my dreams, over 460+ times Allah comes in my dreams and 250+ times Mohammad s.a.w comes in my dreams, Muhammad s.a.w is the last Messenger of Allah and I am the Ummati of Muhammad s.a.w, My dreams about to Major Signs of Qiyamah, Gog Magog, Esa a.s, and End of Time. I have shared many dreams on my fb page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allah-and-Muhammad-SAW-in-my-Dreams/324568321070386

my blog http://allah-and-muhammad-saw-in-my-dreams.blogspot.com

Resh said...

Great post hun! Seriously need something like this!

Sakuranko said...

Oh thank you for your honest review!
Lovely postxx


www.sakuranko.com

Liyliz Yusof said...

Hi Dear! Tq leave comments on my blog, first time jejak tanah sini ni. Omg lot of beauty product, damn love it. Hope can meet up one day.

Fife Fantasi said...

I love miracle water very much- great post :)

Hilary said...

Great post! thanks for sharing:) this is super fun to read:) Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

xoxo

www.theclosetelf.com

Biha said...

hai , salam perkenalan juga. Saya terus follow sini, mind followback maybe.? :D Nice entry, i love it.!

ChooiYee Chai said...

hi can i know which sunscreen u think is the best? probably for oily skin..

ieyra h. said...

Have you try the Daily UV Protection Cream No Sebum SPF35 sunscreen from Innisfree? It's my current favourite inorganic/physical sunscreen and I've been using it for 2 years even though my skin is no longer oily. I can see it suits oily skin the best because of the mattifying finish. Also, I remember seeing a matte sunscreen from Missha and The Saem, maybe you can check for them on Hermo? Most sunscreens formulated with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide are meant to be mattifying :D

Nur Shahira Shaneen Azmi said...

Hi, can you suggest sunscreen for dry skin? Thanks.
-Sera

Shahirah Shahrul Effendi said...

Is it okay for sensitive skin to use this sunscreen?

Anonymous said...

I am incessantly thought about this, thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about >"Review | Bio-essence Miracle Bio Water Sunscreen" <Loved it!