PART I | The Unique Looking J.One Hana Cream, The Viral Jelly Pack and Moisturising Vita Mask - Which One Should You Get?


Secret Garden happens to be my all-time favourite K-drama and despite it was aired in 2010, I would always recommend it to my friends because the drama has an interesting mystical plot of body-swapping moments between a chaebol businessman and a stuntwoman. Little that I know, Ha Ji-won, who plays Gil Ra-im in the drama created her own beauty brand called J.One and it was launched in June 2015. All of the products from the company are focussing on skin firming, hydrating, revitalizing and anti-ageing since the actress' skin herself is looking super youthful despite being 39 years old this year.

So recently, I was contacted by the PR team to try out 3 of their famous J.One products; the unique looking J-One Hana Cream, J.One Jelly Pack that went viral on youtube and also Jelly Pack Vita Mask. I already posted an unboxing video on my Instagram, so be sure to check out on that and follow me while you're there 😆. Before I proceed with the reviews, let me tell you about my skin type, preferences and also the trial period.

Skin Types and Trial Period
Combination-dehydrated. I don't get oily as I used to be but my forehead and the centre of my face will have a little peek of shininess after few hours. I live in a humid country where I normally seek for a lightweight moisturiser during the day and wouldn't mind using a thick, nourishing one for my night routine. Meanwhile, I don't have any specific preferences when it comes to face primer but I'd normally go for high-end brands or anything that is available at Sephora because I've yet to find the one I like from our drugstores. For face mask, I'm generally okay with a lot of key ingredients except (I think) mushroom extracts where I noticed I often get burning sensations. I received all these products for reviewing purpose about 3 weeks ago and for J.One Hana Cream, I have been using it almost daily, AM and PM.

J-ONE HANA CREAM
Dramatic anti-wrinkle effect intense capsule cream


Official Description
This nourishing cream comes in perfectly portioned spherical capsules that melt into skin upon contact. Each capsule is packed with peptides and botanical extracts to help revitalize and firm the skin.

Claims
- This anti-wrinkle cream completed clinical tests regarding wrinkles in the eye, nasolabial fold (smile lines), forehead and neck.
- A pearl filled with nutrition embraces sagging skin and make it firm
- When it reaches the skin, the pure and fresh active ingredients are delivered to the skin

How To Use
Scoop out one capsule onto palm with the included spatula. Use fingertips to melt the capsule and pat the formula gently into the face until absorbed.

Packaging
In this beautiful, expensive-looking albeit bulky jar bottle, you'll find the products that come in the form of little pearls or balls. It's luxe, although the design is very simple. It feels luxe, it smells luxe and it definitely looks like an appealing product to women aged 25 and above. The white packaging engraved with black wordings makes everything looks clean and a lot more expensive than it really is. It's impossible for me to count on how many capsules I get inside the jar without touching them, so I didn't because of hygiene purpose. However, Glow Recipe stated it should be around 130-140 capsules and it does contain 20g amount of products. J.One Hana Cream comes with a little spatula and I'm the kind of girl that appreciate a thing like that, so kudos!


Ingredients
Water, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Parfum, Agar, Beta-Glucan, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Centella Asiatica Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Betaine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoexyethanol, Adenosine, Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Penoexethanol, Adenosine, Salicylic Acid Acrylate/C10-30 Althyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Disodium EDTA, Dimethiconol, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, PVP, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sorbitan Laurate, Cyclomethicone, Hydroexyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, BetaSitosterol, Cholesterol, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Teetraisopalmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Arachidonate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Linolemate, Ubiquinone, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Thioctic Acid, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ceteth-3, Ceteth-5, Palmitoly Tripeptide-5, Riboflavin, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Ceramide NP, Anemarrhea Asphodeloides Root Extract, Phytosphingosine, Fullerenes, Biotin, Tocopherol, Felic Acid, Pyridoxine. [cosDNA link: here]

*screams in silence: IS THIS A CHEMISTRY NOTE OR SOMETHING*



The ingredient list is super long, it instantly reminds me of when I did the review of Sunplay Skin Aqua UV Watery Essence! I got scared whenever I review something like this, but to my surprise, all of the ingredients are generally save according to Cosdna analysis and almost nothing triggers over a 2 for acne and irritant (except Tocopherol a.k.a vitamin E). If you look closer at the list of ingredients, this J.One Hana Cream primarily consists of plant oils, plant extractions, emollients and K-Beauty skin-loving ingredients such as Niacinamide, Centella Asiatica Extract and Ceramide. There are a lot of peptides going on in this formulation but all of them listed toward the end of the ingredient list.

Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil is a refined plant oil obtained by cold pressing of the seed of Macadamia Integrifolia (yes, like the macadamia nuts). The oil is often used in cosmetics and healthcare products because the fatty acid composition in it is closely similar to human skin. If you see this accessible pattern written by Syed, S., & Walele, I. (2006), it's clearly stated that macadamia oil is one of the key ingredients used in anti-ageing cream as the high level of Palmitoleic acid helps to provide softness, resilience and youthful appearance to skin. This plant oil is also high in Oleic acid. So, I completedly agree when J.One has been marketing this Hana Cream as a moisturiser to combat wrinkles and fine lines.

Interestingly, Fullerene is the special antioxidant ingredient that makes this moisturiser special. Like peptides, it's also listed down below near the end of the ingredient list and we all know manufacturer needs to do labelling according to descending order of predominance. I'm not sure if this ingredient is worth mentioning but anyway, according to what I read, fullerene, which is a molecule made of carbon will give anti-wrinkle effect to skin when it's dissolved in squalane. It's found to act like a powerful free-radical sponge, which again, related to anti-ageing properties.

(I'm just gonna elaborate two ingredients because COME ON THIS REVIEW IS LENGTHLY ALREADY SMH).



Verdict
1. For those of you who don't know, "Hana" means one in Korean, which is referring to the single dosage of a capsule from this cream per use is enough to provide all the benefits to the skin. Kiranya macam tak payah lah guna banyak2 products, guna ni je dah cukup - which actually matches to what J.One company has been promoting; beauty, simplify.

2. Texture and Scent
The pearly capsule is buttery yet soft and moist (I'm sorry you need to deal with this word!), but it's not breakable unless you squeeze or pinch it. It's a unique looking cream- reminds me a lot of The Face Shop White Ginseng Collagen cream and Meteorites Base from Guerlain! I know Gothamista on Youtube has included this in one of her fun Korean Skincare products to try. It's recommended to pinch the pearl using your fingertips because the heat from body helps to melt down the cream. This J.One Hana Cream does not leave any residue once applied. I don't consider the texture is light, it's more like a balmy consistency but not anywhere near greasy, easily absorbed, comfortable and makes my skin feeling bouncy. Heck yeah, anti-ageing! lolol. The cream has a soft, luxury powdery smell to it and lingers for a short while, macam bau bedak baby tapi mahal to which, I'm not a fan of. As much as I'm okay with fragranced products, I prefer mine to be free from it.



3. Experience With The Product
One thing I really like about J.One Hana Cream and I feel extremely important to highlight is that this cream doesn't make me sweat at all. Hot sunny day? Humid night? No problem! It's that comfortable. I'm using this every single day, (just toner and this) for the past few weeks, I don't see major differences on my skin of course due to my short trial period, but it's good to know that my skin feels instantly moisturise and comfortable when using this product. With the enclosed spatula, all you need to do is to scoop out one tiny ball, pinch or crush it using the back of the spatula or your hand and apply it all over your face and neck.Compare to the previous Cetaphil moisturiser I reviewed earlier in this blog, J. One Hana Cream is a lot lighter and does not feel greasy.

4. Recommendation
I'd rate this cream moisturiser 4/5 stars with a major win on its ingredient list. Ni review honest punya, jujur nak mati. While J.One did send me this product to review, all opinions are my own as always. I'd recommend J.One Hana Cream for women around my age and above and is looking for a good anti-ageing skin. Suitable to use for all skin types but it's more beneficial to oily skin people. If you want extra moisture, just use two pearl capsules instead of one.



5. Price & Where To Get It
For a record, J.One is available at selected Sephora outlets in the US, unfortunately not in this country, so my fellow Malaysians, you can get this through Beureka.com shop at Qoo10. I love Qoo10, it's the place where I buy my COSRX stuffs ;P. If you purchase through my link, the price will be RM205 (almost similar price with Sephora.com), but you'll get a free gift, just insert "IEYRA10" in the box like below, or you can opt for a RM10 discount code which is available until 31st January 2018, just click the "cart" button at the Beaureka shop.


 or
Purchase Linkhttps://goo.gl/qWg5qW
Blogger code: IEYRA10

Stay tuned for the part II of my review. Initially, I like to compile everything in this post but it gets too long (like always, lol). Sorry for that! I hope this review is helpful to some.


**UPDATE**
Click here to read the second part!

Share This Article:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

3 Comments :

bivichan (BV) said...

wahhh i really detailed review :D good job!
i never know this product exist T^T the pearl one is so interesting!

irha said...

Ultraviolet radiation, which speeds the natural aging process, is the primary cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV light breaks down your skin's connective tissue — collagen and elastin fibers, which lie in the deeper layer of skin (dermis).
best anti wrinkle cream in pakistan

glowymed Spa said...

Worried about your dull and lifeless skin, or are fine lines stealing your beauty? Reveal newer and more radiant skin with microdermabrasion services Murphy.